Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp 15 dx0001au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ha e to install boot ssd to me notebook help me. I want to keep hdd as regular drive and ssd as boot drive with os

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ConFuSioN95 -- "extra slot"

I have only seen one notebook, many years ago, that has a "spare" slot for a second disk-drive, but I have seen a few where the CD/DVD device can be removed, and a "cage" can be inserted in its place.

Another option, after that "cloning" process that I descirbed, is to install the (cloned) SSD inside the notebook, and purchase an "empty" external disk-drive case, with a USB interface. Insert the old disk-drive into that case, and connect the case to a USB port on your notebook.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ConFuSioN95 -- is there room inside your notebook for another disk-drive?

Some notebook computers have a removable CD/DVD device, and a "cage" to hold the new disk-drive, that can be inserted into the hole created after the removal of the device.

Otherwise, you need to backup all your personal files, to an external disk-drive, then disassemble the notebook to remove the disk-drive, to connect the SSD, to reassemble, to reinstall Windows, and then restore your personal files from your backup.

Or, if you have a desktop computer, it is possible to temporarily connect both the current disk-drive and the SSD to the computer, and use free "disk-cloning" software, such as "Macrium Reflect",  to copy everything, byte-by-byte, from "old" to "new", and then to connect the SSD into your notebook.

I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

I don't know, If It has extra slot but it has CD drive. BTW thanks brother it means a lot. 

HP Recommended

@ConFuSioN95 -- "extra slot"

I have only seen one notebook, many years ago, that has a "spare" slot for a second disk-drive, but I have seen a few where the CD/DVD device can be removed, and a "cage" can be inserted in its place.

Another option, after that "cloning" process that I descirbed, is to install the (cloned) SSD inside the notebook, and purchase an "empty" external disk-drive case, with a USB interface. Insert the old disk-drive into that case, and connect the case to a USB port on your notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.