Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook PC - 15-ac023ur (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day. There is an HP Notebook PC - 15-ac023ur. I want to connect a second SSD carrier, the JODD connector is soldered to the board and, as I understand it, I need an appropriate cable with the corresponding connector on the end. Help in choosing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Spoiler

20191216_155755.jpg20191216_214200.jpg20191216_154814.jpg

Hi.

We do not understand each other a bit)). I don’t have a DVD player now, but there is a place for it, a back cover with ribs that are easy to remove. Photo attached.

Sorry for my English.

P.S. Only, I want to place a DVD player, put the HDD, and in a regular place SDD.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

There is only room for one SSD. By replacing the mechanical 2.5" HDD with a 2.5" SATA3 SSD,

There is no other place for a drive unless you use a caddy instead of the DVD player.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

I plan to use caddy instead of the DVD player, but I need a connector to install it. So I'm looking for him. For example, such, but I don’t know whether it will suit or not.

Spoiler

s-l1600.jpg
HP Recommended

Hi,

You already have a DVD player in the notebook. So you only need to remove the DVD player and use a caddy which will fit in the slot and connect to the DVD connector which is part number 813956-001

example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/813956-001-Optical-drive-connector-board/173564005726?hash=item2869388d5e:g...

Example of caddy

Page 41of service manual. So, if you already have a DVD drive, you only need a caddy that will connect to the DVD connector in the notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04653884

If you install an SSD, you should install in place of the HDD and put the HDD in the caddy.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended
Spoiler

20191216_155755.jpg20191216_214200.jpg20191216_154814.jpg

Hi.

We do not understand each other a bit)). I don’t have a DVD player now, but there is a place for it, a back cover with ribs that are easy to remove. Photo attached.

Sorry for my English.

P.S. Only, I want to place a DVD player, put the HDD, and in a regular place SDD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.