Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavilion 11-n000sn x360 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having pavilion 11-n000sn x360 PC, which has a little outdated 2 core Intel Celeron N2820, which is a 7.5W processor on a FCBGA1170 socket. 

I would like to upgrade (change) the CPU for a faster 4 core option, that will have the same TDP of 7.5W and running on the same FCBGA1170 socket. I would choose Pentium N3540 or Celeron N2940, but will it run ok on my F.30 BIOS or such an upgrade will not work?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The link works fine for me.

Fortunately, the manual is small enough to attach to my reply below as it is less than 5 MB.

So, you can download, save and open it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The processor is an integral part of the motherboard (soldered to it), and cannot be upgraded.

In order to upgrade the processor you would have to replace the motherboard with one listed in chapter 3 of the service manual below that may come with a better processor.

c04530571 (hp.com)

It would be very hard to find the part you need, and normally such extensive upgrades are not worth the time, effort or money.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul and thank you for your reply. 

I have realized, that the cpu is soldered after I have posted the question.

I was thinking though about finding the upgraded motherboard as you suggest, but your link does not work, and I have this annoying message all the time :"We can't find that page, but here's the good news - we've got other ways to find what you need."

Would you be able to write me the motherboards part numbers or anything, so I could search for them online? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The link works fine for me.

Fortunately, the manual is small enough to attach to my reply below as it is less than 5 MB.

So, you can download, save and open it.

HP Recommended

That is perfect. Now I can search for a proper motherboard 🙂 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.