Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
H P15-ba046na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

(1) What is the AMD Equivalent of Intel Core i5 - Intel  Core i7 Processors?

(2) For Personal and Home Usage, does it freally matter whether the Processor is AMD Quad-Core or whether the processor is Intel Corei5 - Intel Corei7

Look forward to hearing from an HP Expert.

Regards,

Saeed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The AMD A10 processors would be the best AMD has and as stated above, the best AMD processors fall short of the top of the line Intel i5s and i7s. 

For most home users, who watch youtube and browse the internet and maybe do some office type work an AMD processor is fine. Coupled with the right video card, an AMD processor is even good for gaming. But in terms of pure crunching of zeroes and ones, Intel long ago left AMD in the dust and AMD processors are second best by far. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HI.

Unfortunately your computer is not possible to upgrade the processor by going soldered on the motherboard, it is an integrated chip.

The AMD A8-5550m is an APU. That's a combination of a CPU and a GPU.
The Intel Core i3-U  also has an integrated graphics processor (IGP)

Your computer has a AMD A8-7410 is comparable to an intel i3,Compare that an I5 is not possible since it is superior in all respects.

Comparative Processor Example

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i3-5010U-vs-AMD-A8-7410

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-ba000-Notebook-PC-series/10862317/model/13971212/document/...

Best Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
HP Recommended

Hello G PU-2,

Please read my query again. You have not answered any of my qjuestions:(

HP Recommended

The AMD A10 processors would be the best AMD has and as stated above, the best AMD processors fall short of the top of the line Intel i5s and i7s. 

For most home users, who watch youtube and browse the internet and maybe do some office type work an AMD processor is fine. Coupled with the right video card, an AMD processor is even good for gaming. But in terms of pure crunching of zeroes and ones, Intel long ago left AMD in the dust and AMD processors are second best by far. 

HP Recommended

Thanks!  Huffer..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.