Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g7-1310us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

Here lately whenever I turn on my laptop I get a message saying the internal battery needs to be replaced soon.

I would like to buy one on Amazon, can someone please tell me exactly what I need to be looking for?

Thanks so much! Have a great day!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It's like a car with 150,000 miles on it...still runs but not much longer. The key is 925/300 cycles. You have gotten over 3 times the expected life out of it. 

Genuine:

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-HP-Pavilion-G7-1000-G7-1000eg/dp/B010G1IEYG/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=14...

Compatible:

https://www.amazon.com/Battpit-Notebook-Replacement-Pavilion-g7-1310US/dp/B00D6BJNQM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=U...

Big price difference. On a laptop as old as yours I would probably settle for a compatible battery. Will likely be fine. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Please give the exact message. It could be either the main large battery we all are familiar with or it might be the smaller clock battery (RTC) and the replacement options are entirely different for the 2 kinds of batteries. 

HP Recommended

Of course now when i started it back up, there was no message (after showing a messge these last 2 days!)

But i am quite sure it had to do with 601...Primary Internal Battery...but...I could be wrong.

I will get back to you as soon as I see the message again, thanks for helping!

HP Recommended

Primary internal battery is the main, big battery. You might go into F2 diagnostics as you boot up and run the battery test. 

HP Recommended

I tried the F2....but there seems to be no Battery Test option.

I saw this:

F1- System Information

F2 - Start-up test

F3 - Run-In test

F4 - hard Disk Test

F11 - Error Log

Nowhere did I see anything about battery...ughh...

Also, when you say primary internal is the main big battery...do you mean the one you clip in and out when you flip the laptop over? (sorry for the dumb questions!)

HP Recommended

Yes that is what I mean. One other thing to try. If you have HP Support Assistant installed as a program I believe there is a battery test included in it. 

HP Recommended

Doesn't look like  have HP Support assistant on here....

So if I do not replace the big battery...what will happen? Can it not just run off the mains?

Strange that I have not seen the startup warning now for 2 days....

And i do not now if this is my imagination but today it seems my screen is not as "bright'....almost as if I am looking at it through sunglasses, but not as bad. Am I aming sense at all?

I'm just getting a bit nervous...maybe just a bit paranoid...haha

Can you please tell me what  need to buy then, as far as big battery...I will be looking on amazon as I have some gift cards saved up on there....thanks

HP Recommended

Downloaded HP Assistant and here are the screenshots:

battery1.JPGbattery2.JPG

HP Recommended

It's like a car with 150,000 miles on it...still runs but not much longer. The key is 925/300 cycles. You have gotten over 3 times the expected life out of it. 

Genuine:

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-HP-Pavilion-G7-1000-G7-1000eg/dp/B010G1IEYG/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=14...

Compatible:

https://www.amazon.com/Battpit-Notebook-Replacement-Pavilion-g7-1310US/dp/B00D6BJNQM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=U...

Big price difference. On a laptop as old as yours I would probably settle for a compatible battery. Will likely be fine. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thanks, you were an absolute star! 🙂

Time to replace the battery for sure, going with the cheaper one! 🙂

Have a wonderful day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.