Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavilion x360-13-s060sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The camera used to work OK.  Now it is not recognised and I'm getting error: 0xA00F4244 (0XC00DABED).

I have looked at the MANY other posts on similar problems and tried their fixes in vain.

e.g.

Update driver, uninstall and reinstall YouCam

Run Hardware Diagnostics(fast test)

Run search for new hardware.

Any other solutions please?

Thank you

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That wasn't it.

I'm going to give up.  I've tried plugging in an external webcam and it works fine.

Thanks for trying.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Try a different freeware camera software.

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying.  My problem is I don't know which to choose.  I did a scan using DriverToolkit and it also fails to see the camera, so it does not offer me any relevant drivers.

Maybe you didn't mean driver software?  In terms of video viewing software I have tried MS Camera, Skype and Cyberlink YouCam 6; all in vain so far.

HP Recommended

I am guessing that it used to work in Windows 7 until you upgraded to Windows 10.

And the Windows 10 driver now doesn't work for your webcam.

Have you updated your chipset driver since upgrading to Windows 10?

HP Recommended

Nope.  The laptop came with Win 10.

HP Recommended

Doesn't hurt to update the chipset driver if there is one.

HP Recommended

OK, I've now tried that.  Still in vain, I'm afraid.

HP Recommended

Do you have an unidentified items in the Device Manager?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5feoK3m34w

HP Recommended

That wasn't it.

I'm going to give up.  I've tried plugging in an external webcam and it works fine.

Thanks for trying.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.