Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Probook 6475b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The default browser(chrome) keeps opening on it's own mutiple times. Then the keyboard starts to misbehave by writting weird characters. I initially thought that it was the keyboard causing that but it's not. I had to replace with a new one but still the same, I disconnected it from the laptop but still laptop behaves the same. The default internet button flashes mutiple times as well of which it never used to do that. It would flash when pressed,but now it flashes on it's own. I also thought it was maybe a virus or any other malicious threat of any nature,and it prompted me to format my harddrive and to install new OS but still it behaves the same. Please kindly help 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Rakama 

First off, that is not the Internet Button; instead, it is a button that when pressed, launces the Browser you have set up in Program Default in Settings. So it is a Browser button.

Second, you said you Replaced the keyboard, but based on your description, it sounds like what you did was plug in an external keyboard -- which would not fix the problem.

My guess is that you have pressed this button A LOT!  And as a result, it is now shorting on a frequent basis and acting as if you are pressing it, when you are not.  The only "fix" for this, since you can not actually disable the built-in keyboard, would be to have it replaced.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.