Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I too have the same question. I have an HP ENVY  TS M6 Sleekbook  ddr3l-1600 SODIMM . I have 8 GB now, looking it up it says 16 is max. Can I go to 32 GB?

Please reply to my email

HP Recommended

Depends on the model of laptop and whether there are two slots...some have one. But in most cases, yes. So give us the model of the laptop and we can answer better. 

HP Recommended

This is the information as requested. HP Envy notebook Laptop Q8RVPQSA , intrl i7-7500u cpu2.7 2904 MHz,2 core 4, current RAM installed 12GB.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

I have an 17" Envy, model 17T-S000.  Can it support 2 x 16 gb RAM for 32 gb total???  Even if I must re-load the Bios.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

@woketman
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

After reading your post, I did go through the Maintenance and Service Guide of your product and found that your computer supports 9.5-mm solid-state hard drive with 8-GB NAND. ( refer to page 2 Chapter 1 Product description )

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I think that you meant to cut and paste this (below), correct?  But my question is:  is there someway to get it to accept two 16 gb Ram modules for 32 gb total?  Thanks.

woketman_0-1580586393707.png

HP Recommended

Nope. DDR4 machines will accept 32 gigs but DDR3 limited to 16

HP Recommended

So officially, when you ask customer service or reference the manual, and it says that the HP Envy x360 can only have 16gb (1x8gb/slot),  you can still upgrade it to have 1x16gb/slot anyways and reap the benefits?

HP Recommended

I believe that Huffer is telling us that the answer is no, we are limited to two 8 Gb modules and that is it.  At least that is what I think that I understood.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.