Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15s-fq2000ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible to add secondary 2.5" disk drive to 15s-f2000 series notebook?

I know there is a compartment inside and a small SATA connector on the motherboard, but there is no information about hdd caddy or flat cable in service manuals.

Can you help me find appropriate part numbers for these items?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HI@partof,

The combination is not tested by HP. So, the functionality is not guaranteed.

Maintenance and Service Guide

Opening the notebook and upgrading it will not violate the warranty unless you damage something.    You need to be able to return the notebook to its original hardware configuration in the case of any required warranty repair.

You may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, use the HP Parts Surfer to find the part number and If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal. 

  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I've read through this manual already. There wasn't any information about SATA devices nor part numbers for SATA cable and 2.5" internal drive caddy.

You can see the SATA connector itself on the motherboard (see pages 40, 48-49), but information about it is missing from the manual.

Why HP is making this so difficult?

Why HP can't be Pro-Consumer, so I can pre-sale recommend their laptops to my customers in a blink of an eye and be confident about laptop specs?

HP Recommended

Hi @partof,

Thanks for bringing this to our notice. We will inform the concerned team to include this during next release.

You may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, use the HP Parts Surfer to find the part number and If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal. 

HP Recommended

I know I can order or search for parts on those sites.

The problem is I don't have any way to actually learn a right part number for the SATA flat cable and 2.5" internal drive caddy.

I can't simply order some caddy or SATA cable at random and hope it will fit into this particular laptop model.

I'll wait until your team releases an errata for the Maintenance and Service Guide.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.