Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 14
Microsoft Windows 11

I am looking at a Spectre X360 14t-ea100. This model does not say it is an Intel Evo platform machine. All the other models seem to say so. Is this one not for some reason?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

" And I now see an Evo logo on the ea100 page that wasn't there earlier."

That is funny. I asked HP about this internally shortly after you started this thread. The logo may be part of the result of that. 

EVO is an Intel marketing logo based on their certification. I was also informed about the one being customizable during order and the other being prebuilt as you noted.

Apparently we have HP's answer.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

No. The x360 14-ea100 is not an Intel EVO platform notebook.

The x360 14-ea2035nr notebook uses the Intel EVO platform. It is the next tier, a step above the 14t-ea100 models

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-spectre-x360-convertible-14-ea2035nr

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I take it you are saying, then, that the 14t-ea100 is not an Evo machine. Since the components seem to be identical with the 14t-ea200 or ea2035nr which are Evo machines, what is not in the ea100 that disqualifies it? I'm trying to figure out what I would be missing if I ordered an ea100.

HP Recommended

To further clarify the question, I found Evo specs which make it appear the ea100 has the right hardware -- biometic login, i5 or i7 with IRIS Xe, 8GB or more RAM, 256 GB or more PCIe/NVMe SSD, FHD or greater display, precision touchpads, immersive audio, user-facing camera. Am I overlooking something or is it software not present that makes it non-Evo?

My real question for buyers is do I get the things that obviously make me want Evo? Orwhat do I miss by not having it?

• Instant wake
  • Sufficient batter life
  • Responsiveness on battery
  • Fast-charging over USB-C
  • 9 hours or more of real-world battery life with Full HD Display
  • etc.

If I know what is missing, it may be something which does not matter to me, or it may. Either way it helps me choose betwen the non-Evo ea100 and the Evo ea200. Any additional information here would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

It seems to be a marketing statement that makes the 11th gen Intel processors and chipsets in laptops that meet certain criteria part of the EVO design as you described in your previous post.

EVO fact sheet

https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2020/09/Intel-Evo-Fact-Sheet.pdf

Both laptops have the 11th Gen Processor. I can't really eke out the difference which makes one better than the other as we don't have the results from a lab which shows how one is qualified to be an EVO platform and the other not.

HP Recommended

Again, thanks for the reply.

I am more puzzled now, though.

• Not having seen anything more here yesterday and considering moving ahead, I asked the question on the 14t-ea100 product shopping page under Reviews>Questions -- and they responded that the ea100 was Evo certified. So I'm not doubting you but I am puzzled as to which answer is right. And I now see an Evo logo on the ea100 page that wasn't there earlier.

• The ea2035nr isn't customizable. It has for example a thousand nit screen which I don't see a need for but not a 2TB SSD which I definitely have need of.

I do appreciate the responses.

HP Recommended

" And I now see an Evo logo on the ea100 page that wasn't there earlier."

That is funny. I asked HP about this internally shortly after you started this thread. The logo may be part of the result of that. 

EVO is an Intel marketing logo based on their certification. I was also informed about the one being customizable during order and the other being prebuilt as you noted.

Apparently we have HP's answer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.