08-10-2016 04:51 AM
I am facing the battery "plugged in, not charging" issue for the past 60 days or so. NOBODY in HP customer support has been able to/ willing to help me. Writing here as a desperate last attempt.
Here is a summary of all my interactions with HP
Summary of issues:
1. Battery of HP laptop conked off (plugged in, not charging) around 2 months ago (a few weeks after warranty expired)
2. Used chat support 3 times which temporarily solved my problem
3. When problem kept repeating itself, visited service center my city
4. Follow-up from that meeting - first email received from the incompetent folks at Iqor on June 15
5. (almost) zero communication from Iqor - finally they claimed that component was ordered on July 8
6. Despite multiple follow-ups with Iqor, no response on when the component will be delivered.
7. Wrote email to HP CEO via support forum - received standard automated response
8. Contacted HP chat support again because they have been the only people who have genuinely tried to help.
9. They gave me number of some gentleman who claimed that he was not in charge and asked to contact another gentleman
10. Called the second gentleman (Amit Kumar) a million times- phone was either busy or nobody was picking up - before giving up
11. Contacted HP chat support again. They said sorry - the second gentleman is the only person who can help and gave his email ID.
12. Wrote to second gentleman on email on August 1. No response until I wrote a stinker. His response? Asking another gentleman marked in the email to provide status.
13. August 4 - August 10: Radio silence
14. 56 days, no resolution.
Will anyone help me? Or should I give up?
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-10-2016 05:02 AM - edited 08-10-2016 05:03 AM
Where are you located (country)? If all you need is a battery they are readily available in the online marketplace and probably for less than HP will charge. We at the Forum are not HP but unless you live in a place with limited commerce, we can help you find a battery to just buy and have delivered. Once the warranty is up, HP Support is rarely the best place to get assistance.
I am not trying to justify the poor treatment you have received, just offer a way out of neverland for you.
08-10-2016 07:07 AM - edited 08-10-2016 07:09 AM
Here is the Manual:
The battery is internal. See p. 33 for installation instructions.