Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy m7-n109dx

I just bought an Envy m7-n109dx and fresh out of the box the touchpad seems to be depressed on the lower left. I would imagine this is supposed to be flush with the rest of the laptop? Can anyone please confirm this? I've already returned it once for this issue. They just swapped it out. Needing to know if I got another bad one or this is normal on this model. Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @Wej1,

My laptop has that same depression in the bottom left. Not sure if it's meant to be there for anything special, or if it's just part of the design however, you're not the only one as several of the laptops we have here also have a depression on the lower left of the touchpad. I am unsure why this is, but it seems to be consistent with most of them.

Please keep me posted. 

You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!

Cheers.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey @Wej1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to find solutions and help from our community!

I understand you have some questions about the HP Envy m7 Touchpad. I'd be happy to help you with that.

Is there anyway you'd be able to post a photo of what you're talking about? It sounds normal to me but it's hard to picture what you're referring to without being able to compare it to one of the notebooks we have here at the office. 

Please keep me posted. 

Cheers.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

image.jpg

Here is a picture. It's more of a feeling, but you can see it if you do look close enough. Where you round left click on the touch pad is lower than the rest of the touchpad. Giving a groove feeling near the bottom left hand corner. The depressed feeling looks and feels different than I'm used to. I normally see the touch pad flush with the laptop. Didn't know if it was different with hp or this particular model.

HP Recommended

Any chance anyone knows?

HP Recommended

Hey @Wej1,

My laptop has that same depression in the bottom left. Not sure if it's meant to be there for anything special, or if it's just part of the design however, you're not the only one as several of the laptops we have here also have a depression on the lower left of the touchpad. I am unsure why this is, but it seems to be consistent with most of them.

Please keep me posted. 

Cheers.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

just jumping in here, i have had 3 all from pc world and all have had the said same problen, all touch pads lower in the bottom left corner. they have replaced them all without issues but i dont think this is rite, feels crap to use and sub standard. think we just have to live with it as its just the way it is.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.