Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP E27d G4 QHD USB-C Docking Monitor
Microsoft Windows 11

I currently have a  HP E27D G4 Advanced docking monitor. It have some issues when switching between deceives so I want to update the firmware on my monitor to see if that fixes them. I have tried the HP updater to detect and update the monitor firmware but the updater says that it cant detect the monitor connected (even though it is). The HP Display Center application, control panel, and HP assistant all do detect the correct monitor attached but for some reason the firmware upgrade application does not. The monitor is hooked put to the laptop via HDMI and USB (to docking port) 

See the attached photo with both applications open side by side. Any help would be appreciated. 

displayIssue.png

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'd originally also issues running a firmware update. I've recognized, that there are two sections wrt firmware.

First I'd tried to run "HP EliteDisplay Webcam Firmware Update" (CKFHF23-D_0013 Rev.A) but got an always an error message, not finding the device (sp113239.exe)

Afterwards I recognized another Frimware tool "HP E27D G4 QHD Docking Monitor - Firmware", which I could download and run, getting firmware to level 1.1.15.0 Rev.A (sp139282.exe)

At least that run through, still leaving some issues with the docking station...

I would suggest, giving it a try.

Good luck !

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately for me It's the firmware installer that does not recognize the monitor is attached. I have tried all the rev versions and keep getting the same message. All my HP applications detect my monitor but the firmware installer does not. Very frustrating.

Thank you for your help. Hopefully someone else has advice. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.