Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased the HP Envy 15 x360 100bq convertible laptop back in November (only just about 4 months now), the rubber strips that sit on the base of the laptop are coming away.  This is extremely poor and not what I would expect from a new laptop.  If it were an older laptop I would just glue them back on myself, but paying over 1k for a laptop from a premuim brand such as HP, this is pathetic.

Comments/thoughts/help as to how I can get this resovled would be appreciated, as your online assistant is no help and your phone opening times aren't particularly useful.

Many thanks

Barry

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my HP ENVY - 15t-as100 CTO. Barely six months old.

Love the machine but the rubber strips glued to the base have just peeled off. HP Support says they cannot send me the part. Have advised me to purchase them from Best Buy. Can anyone point me to  a part number? BB's online store does not seem to have such a part.

C'mon guys at HP. Its been over three weeks and no one responded to the first post.

HP Recommended

15-bq100:

Rubber Foot Kit (not illustrated, includes bottom cover rear foot strip) 933265-001

$21 from HP Parts Store:

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=80821862FA014012B640D8C08AE3CABB&SearchIn=P...

15-as100:

Rubber Kit (not illustrated; includes bottom cover rubber foot strip): For use only on computer models with model numbers 15-as100 through 15-as199 905972-001

$51 from Parts Store but I think you get more than the rubber strips in this part:

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=80821862FA014012B640D8C08AE3CABB&SearchIn=P...

BB will not have these. You might find them on eBay. If the rubber strips are not damaged, gluing them back on is an option. I have a couple HPs with rubber feet I opened a few times for upgrades and just glue the feet back on with rubber cement not a model glue product that can dissolve plastic. They stick and hold great. They will not come off unless the laptop is scooted across a flat surface and probably should be adhered better than they are but they use rubber cement for the reasons I said. 

You can also find generic rubber stock and make your own feet with an Xacto knife is you are an artisan. 

Don't shoot the messenger. I do not work for HP and cannot have some of these sent to you. Would if I could and now that you have the part number maybe you can call out the Call Center folks if they claim they don't have any. Parts Store shows them in stock. Good luck with that. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the answer you needed. 

HP Recommended

Update - 

I had purchased the unit through Costco Online, so their concierge service put me in touch with HP. After a bit of back and forth HP Corporate Lead, Retail Support Group, HP Inc. took up the case. They were excellent. They hunted down the part and shipped it to me. I think the primary reason for the back and forth was because some smart HP engineer named the part "ASSY, RUBBER BASE ENCLOSURE". It is a name that would confuse anyone. Here I am asking for a measly rubber strip and their inventory description has gives no such thing. No wonder. Anyway, Costco Concierge - kudos for staying on top of this and HP Support - kudos for using creativity and diligence to resolve this. BTW - this is the best laptop I've owned in 20 years.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update. 

HP Recommended

Don't bother calling HP Customer Service.  After wasting an hour and a half of my life only to be told that I with the same issue must mail my computer or give it to Best Buy (hardly my best buy) to install two f-ing strips, but it is unavailable to be mailed directly to the customer.  Or I can purchase the strips under warranty. 

Idiots truely are running this company!

HP Recommended

@markasteele1

Did you see my update? Their support did get back to be and send me the part. I was very impressed with their service.

What you need is 

PART NAME : RUBBER, BASE ENCLOSURE

Kit Part No. 905 972-001

Talk them and see if you can get them to ship you this part.

The problem is in the name that it has been given 🙂 Curse that genius if you will!

HP Recommended

Sadly it was HP Customer Support that I was stuck on the phone with and they refused to send them to me!

HP Recommended

I had one of the rubber strips peeling off the underside of my HP Envy too.

Tried sticking it.  Maybe wrong kind of glue.  Held for a while.

When the problem returned, I decided to remove the whole strip before sticking it again.

Then I noticed something interesting.

There was a transparent lining the whole length of the strip.  It looked like the sort of thing that would be on a supplied rubber strip to cover the adhesive layer - the sort of thing that should have been removed when the rubber strip was being stuck on.

I removed the transparent lining, and tried sticking the rubber strip back without any glue of my own.

That's worked to an extent.

If you are having the problem of the rubber strip coming off, I therefore suggest that it could be due to a fault in manufacture/assembly, and that HP ought to fix it free - or at least send you the parts for you to do it yourself.

HP Recommended

I've had the same laptop for the same amount of time, and my second strip peeled the rest of the way off today. Disappointing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.