Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 17-ak0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For this model, how does one effect a PGUP or PGDN movement from the console's keypad, especially when there is no Scroll Lock Key. General recommended methods  have not worked so far.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need to use the Num lock key. When on you can use the keypad numbers, when off you can use the directional keys such as page up and page down.

You can see on page 11 of service manual. (Number 5)

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05471742

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended
But till I did not scroll lock key on hp laptop . I have use fn+c and page up and page down key but no effect of scroll lock please I request you please send correct combination on my email about scroll lock key
HP Recommended

@BhosaleSuraj,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand you want to know how to turn on/off the scroll lock on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

1. If your keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, on your computer, click Start Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard.

2. Click the On Screen Keyboard button to turn it on.

3. When the on-screen keyboard appears on your screen, click the ScrLk button.

Windows 10 on-screen keyboard with Scroll Lock

Tip: To quickly open the On-screen Keyboard in Windows 10, click the Windows button. Begin typing On-Screen Keyboard which will appear in the search entry box. Under Search, which will appear as a list above the search box, click the On-Screen Keyboard search result. When the on-screen keyboard appears, click the ScrLk button.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, what is the keyboard shortcut for turning on Scroll Lock in HP Elitebook laptop (Windows 10)? I am aware of 

1. Start Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard.

2. Click the On Screen Keyboard button to turn it on.

The reason i ask is that I have quite a few times inadvertently switched the Scroll Lock on without going through steps 1 and 2 as above

HP Recommended

HP

HP Recommended

@Susan318

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.