Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy x360 bp-010ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had my laptop for just over a month now. A few weeks ago I turned on my laptop and the physical keyboard and trackpad were not working. The on-screen keyboard and touchscreen work fine but nothing from the keyboard at all.

I know there is power to the keyboard because the lights on it still work if I mute the computer. I have tried the tilting option hoping it was the tablet sensor causing issues, no luck. I have updated Windows, no luck. I have updated all drivers, through HP and other driver updating software, no luck. I have powered down, hard started etc. everything and no luck.

I have even uninstalled and deleted the drivers, still no luck.

When I boot to BIOS the trackpad and keyboard work fine, so this is clearly a software issue with Windows 10. 

If anyone else has experienced this or has any insight please please come to my rescue! 

I really need the computer as I am currently doing my Masters, and everything is done online, so this is a huge issue for me!

Thank you in advance for anything you can offer! 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@csawh17

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the keyboard works fine on BIOS but not in windows,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you check with an alternate keyboard and mouse? Does that work?

And Did you recently install or interrupt any updates on windows before the issue occurred, if yes, did you try a system restore?

While you respond to that, I recommend you try the below steps:

Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Peripherals. Look for Legacy USB or USB Keyboard and Mouse. If this is disabled, Enable it. Save and Exit.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi thank you for following up.
Yes I can use a USB mouse and keyboard however that is not a solution for me since I purchased a laptop to be a laptop not a desktop. So an external keyboard is simply a temporary fix.

I did not interrupt any updates or anything of the sort.

When I go into my BIOS there is no advanced option, however I did find a legacy boot option, I enabled it and there has been no change to me being able to use the keyboard.

I called hp tech support and they too were no help. I have been waiting for UPS or FedEX to send me a packing box for 4 days and still nothing which means it'll be even longer until I get it back and who knows if they will find a solution. HP keeps sending me personal messages asking to call tech support.... Well I have.
Nothing but headache with HP, family members with dell, Asus, and apple, no issues and when there is immediate and actually helpful support. Never making the mistake of purchasing an HP product again.
HP Recommended
See reply on post thread.
HP Recommended

@csawh17

Thank you for replying

I understand your concern and to help you out, 

I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Facing the same issue 😞

Case number: [edited]

Product Description: HP ENVY m6-1117tx Notebook PC

HP Recommended
Hey man bad news. Turns out there is nothing that you can do except to send your device into HP. They started to PM me to hide the fact that their devices are flawed and their customer service is abysmal at best.
I would send the device in to them and they will replace all the components after they give you a headache.
HP Recommended

Thanks for suggestion

Mine is bit old laptop - I can't send back I guess

HP Recommended

Hello did your keyboard problem solved

HP Recommended

'Go into Device Manager>System Devices and disable Intel Integrated Sensor Solution it should fix the issue after a restart'.

https://go.redirectingat.com/?id=92X1584492&xcust=tomshardware_1349279004785440301&xs=1&url=https%3A...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.