Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi yet again.

You could be right but, if so, I am not amused.

The battery was new 6 months ago and since I am in Mexico and waited so long for it, I had to buy another laptop . . . since when the battery/laptop in question has been used maybe twice.

I had planned on gifting it to a colleague's daughter. So, about a week ago, formatted the hard drive and made a clean installation of Win 10.

After the reinstallation, the only other problems were (i) the microphone not working, (ii) the Beats audio driver missing and (iii) the keyboard having several defunct keys. Solved the mike problem by fiddling with the settings, the audio problem with the very kind help of banhien in the HP Support Community and, whilst not ideal, the keyboard problem by using the on-screen virtual keyboard and the touchscreen and/or an external keyboard.

BTW: although you chaps in the Support Community are truly awesome, I am a little disappointed with the built-in HP Support Assistant.

Anyway, apart from the remaining battery charging issue, the laptop works incredibly well and is very fast, so it looks like I'll be gifting a 17inch desktop, not a laptop!!!

Outpoint: after mentioning that it was a new battery, went to find the old battery and put it in. It stayed on charge with the amber led for about an hour. When turned on it had reached 45% but very quickly ran down to 27%. Interestingly, it only charges when the laptop is "off" not when in "sleep" or in use. So just maybe it's an adapter as well as a battery issue, whilst the UEFI Diagnostic tests said both were OK.

HP Recommended

Hi again,

Most frustratingly a second posting of mine in this series has vanished. However, this time after successfully posting it I made a copy. This is it:

‎09-23-2022 09:07 PM

Hi yet again.

You could be right but, if so, I am not amused.

The battery was new 6 months ago and since I am in Mexico and waited so long for it, I had to buy another laptop . . . since when the battery/laptop in question has been used maybe twice.

I had planned on gifting it to a colleague's daughter. So, about a week ago, formatted the hard drive and made a clean installation of Win 10.

After the reinstallation, the only other problems were (i) the microphone not working, (ii) the Beats audio driver missing and (iii) the keyboard having several defunct keys. Solved the mike problem by fiddling with the settings, the audio problem with the very kind help of banhien in the HP Support Community and, whilst not ideal, the keyboard problem by using the on-screen virtual keyboard and the touchscreen and/or an external keyboard.

BTW: although you chaps in the Support Community are truly awesome, I am a little disappointed with the built-in HP Support Assistant.

Anyway, apart from the remaining battery charging issue, the laptop works incredibly well and is very fast, so it looks like I'll be gifting a 17inch desktop, not a laptop!!!

Outpoint: after mentioning that it was a new battery, went to find the old battery and put it in. It stayed on charge with the amber led for about an hour. When turned on it had reached 45% but very quickly ran down to 27%. Interestingly, it only charges when the laptop is "off" not when in "sleep" or in use. So just maybe it's an adapter as well as a battery issue, whilst the UEFI Diagnostic tests said both were OK.

HP Recommended

Wow!!! . . . after posting the copy, the original of my last night's posting reappeared.

Very, very strange as It really wasn't there when I reposted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.