Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
envy 15D-030nr
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I purchased a replacement power jack,  HP Part #747116-001, for my sons laptop. The one removed was a rev a, and the new one is a rev b. The socket is not the same and I am trying to find out which plug will fit the rev b jack. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Len62,

Welcome to the HP Forums! 🙂 
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I will be glad to help you with your query.

As I understand that you need to know the part number of the plug which will fit in rev b jack.

For me to assist you with the accurate information I need the exact model number and the product number of your laptop.

You can refer to this link to find your product details. 

Also, I would recommend you the replace the component with the exact same one as it may not work properly.

So if there was a rev a jack installed and I suggest you replace it with the same part.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Problem is no one has a rev A socket.  Model # is 15-d030nr, Ser# 5CB4129TYR. Product # F5X99UA#ABA.  Thank you.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info, and I apologize for the slow response. As it was my daughter was coming to visit and her HP laptop had died but she had the correct power adapter that I needed. Installed the new power socket in the laptop, plugged in the power adapter and all is well.

HP Recommended

Glad to hear that @Len62

REO

HP Recommended

Greetings, I have an HP Pavilion laptop dv6t-2300, I had to replace the motherboard. I connected all the ribbon wire except one...the power switch. The ribbon going from the MB plugged into jack fine, then I tried to plug the ribbon onto the switch end which has a very small circuit board....won't fit, the jack has a different design and different #of leads. Thank You

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.