Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion Model 14-bf153sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Both laptop keyboard & Touchpad do not work , external keyboard and mouse no problem, work fine. Have powered up and continually pressed Esc key - both laoptop keyboard & Touchpad work ok in BIOS mode. Have uninstalled all drivers in Device Manager, repowered up. Exactly the same problem.   Have updated BIOS with latest version from HP.I am now at an end to my knowledge! Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@KevinField 

I looked at the HP page for your model laptop and not only does it not have any keyboard drivers per se, the touchpad drivers are only for Windows 10 versions 1703,1709, and 1803 -- all of which are no longer supported by MS.

I suspect you are running a more recent version --1909?

To find out, enter "winver" (without the quotes) in the search box and read what the popup windows then says about your version.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Doing a Windows Update says my Windows is up todate  It is 2004 (OS Biuld 19041.508

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.