Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-ay039wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a customer who has a 15 ay039wm and it shuts down around 15-30 Minutes after it’s on but it doesn’t do it without the battery installed. The battery is bad but I never experienced a laptop shutting off on me when the battery is bad and plugged in. It started doing that after I installed a warranty replacement hard drive and while installing Windows. I had to reinstall 3 Windows 3 Times because of the shutdown and was corrupted. The 3rd Time I removed the battery and the Windows was successful. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Windowsxpfan,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Community,

Have you tried to uninstall the battery drivers from Device manager.

Did you try to run the test on the battery from F2?

Have you tried to connect a replacement battery and check if the issue persists.

This looks like a possible hardware failure either with the battery or the connector to the system board. 

Let's try these steps here: 

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%. 

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins. 

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager, 

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed. 

Also, Go through them all and let me know what you have determined is causing the issue. 

The first document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging. 

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge 

Next thing, I would suggest here is to update the BIOS and the Chipset drivers to the latest version using the Official HP website for drivers and downloads: Click here to find it. 

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Run a battery test using F2 (during restart), if the test failed: 

Check with an alternate battery. 

If nothing works then I would suggest you contact our HP support team for further assistance.

HP support team can be reached on www.hp.com/contacthp

I'm sure they should be able to go ahead and address your issue. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

I'll be more than happy to help you.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I haven’t tried a replacement battery but the computer already has been returned to the customer and already let customer know that it needs a new battery as it says a message saying battery storage is low but I’ll keep this in mind just in case it does it on the customer

HP Recommended

@Windowsxpfan,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.