Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15T (Late 2019)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

About a month ago, I noticed the right bottom-firing speaker on my Spectre x360 15T had become substantially quieter than the bottom-firing speaker on the left side of the laptop. It still puts out sound, but it's just extremely quiet when compared to the left side speaker. I did some research on the issue and even reinstalled the basic Realtek audio drivers for the laptop, but the problem persists. I believe it is a firmware and/or driver issue, as nothing significant happened to the laptop before the audio change happened. 

They are technically Bang & Olufsen speakers and even have the integrated tuning software, but nothing in that program has given me any insight into the problem. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, it's very much appreciated,

- Nick

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@NickPurcell, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Do these noises appear on a headphone as well?

Have you updated the BIOS before the issue occurred?

If the issue occurs on the headphone as well, reinstall the audio drivers,
And if it doesn't occur on the headphone, and/or the above step doesn't work, use this
link to troubleshoot the issue.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, and thank you for the swift reply!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek audio drivers for the laptop. I have also run the HP Support Assistant Audio Troubleshooter along with the Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter as well. The same problem still persists. I have ensured I have received all updates from the HP Support Assistant, along with all main updates for Windows 10 and Intel's Driver Assistant.

I have not manually updated any of the BIOS past what updates I have received from Windows and HP.

Thanks again,

-Nick

HP Recommended

@NickPurcell

Thanks for replying!

I would recommend you perform the hardware test. Use this link https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html?jumpid=va_desmtjyr6n

If the hardware is fine, try re-installing the OS on the computer. Refer to the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10  for help(This is a third-party link. Please do not click on any ad, image, download, popup or link or anywhere else as this is a third-party link meant only for viewing information).

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I downloaded and ran the Audio portion of the HP Hardware Audio test, and there was no change or unique detection from the program, my left side speaker played the test audio normally, while the right side speaker played it much more quietly. I also followed the second link you provided to Microsoft's Windows 10 download site. I downloaded and updated my version of Windows 10, but the problem still persists. 

Do you think this is something that will eventually be solved with firmware updates, or do you think that certain firmware/windows updates mixed poorly to cause this problem?

Thanks again,

Nick

HP Recommended

@NickPurcell

Thanks for replying!

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.