12-11-2016 08:13 AM
Computer fails to start completely. New condition and barely used. Completely undamaged. Specialist says poor design of laptop means that the battery has oveheated the APU unit and is broken. Since the APU and motherboard are inseparable i must replace whole motherboard, but do not know how to achieve this. I have built my own personal computer but have little experience with laptop hardware.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-12-2016 06:08 AM
Thank you for joining HP Forums,
I'll be glad to help you 🙂
I see from the post that you are having issues with Laptop won't start. Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help you get through this concern,
To provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
Is there a light on the power button, keyboard and/or the charger port?
Have you performed any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?
If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black, you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue:
(Click on the blue letters to get more details about each step)
1. Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage
2. Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector
3. Start computer using the battery only
4. Check that the lid switch moves freely
5. When you have completed the troubleshooting steps, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning.
* If the battery does not accept the charge or the notebook does not turn on without the AC adapter, contact HP to order a replacement battery.
* If the LEDs do not glow, and there are no other indicators of power being available to the computer, contact HP for technical assistance in troubleshooting a potential problem with the AC power connection or the system board.
* If the LEDs blink or the computer beeps, but it does not start, go to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot.
* If the LEDs glow but the computer does not start on either battery or AC power, go to Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.
Eager to help,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
I am an HP Employee