Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP laptop model 15-da0076cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This has to be the worst computer I have ever purchased.  We bought it in July of 2019.  By the end of 2019 the track pad no longer worked (after warranty had expired).  Since then the case has also broken near one of the USB ports so that the case no longer closes properly, and yesterday it began to inform me that its battery was "probably bad".  What sort of a message is that?  Is there anything that can be done to salvage this sorry excuse for a laptop?  

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Unless you can fix it yourself, it may make sense to cut your losses and vote with your wallet. You are probably looking at $400 for a shop to repair all those issues with new touchpad, case top and or hinges and new battery..

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

Hi@Pkogerj1,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

Apologies for all the inconvenience

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue, and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now,

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest youContact HPin your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the straight talk.  I'm fairly handy, but not sure I'm willing to invest any more in this thing.  I'll take a look to see what the parts cost would be.

HP Recommended

To help you with that here's the page for your model https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-da0000-laptop-pc/20395828/model/22783967  Look in the manual tab for service manual, you can get parts numbers and guide to replacing anything on the laptop. It's tedious but not terribly complicated.

The part that a lot of people mess up is getting the rubber feet off intact. 

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

Hi@pbroussard,

You may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, use the HP Parts Surfer to find the part number and If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal. 

  

Alternatively, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started: 

  

1) Click on this link

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step: 

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Click on "Show Options". Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself! 

  

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, here's how private messages work: Click here for details.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

HP Recommended

I ordered and installed a new battery and touchpad board and that has helped enormously.  But the case issue is still unresolved.  The bottom case has cracked at the back right near the security cable access port.  When I opened thecae to do the battery work I found that the case had cracked because the anchor for the screw that hold the case on had broken off from the board so every time the laptop is opened it essentially separates the keyboard from the case.  The problem is...I have no idea what this anchor point is called, what it is a part of and how to order a replacement part (or is there some seriously strong glue that could reattach the anchor point?)

Thanks for your help! 

HP Recommended

Hi@Pkogerj1,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

I apologies for the inconvenience

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue but your computer needs to be repaired or serviced as it is a hardware issue. 

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the part/service/replacement options.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:  

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp 

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.  

4) Select the country from the drop-down.  

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.  

6) Fill the web form and proceed further.  

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I don’t know who you are, but it would help if you read the thread before offering suggestions. 

the laptop (although an absolute lemon!!) is definitely out of warranty. It’s appalling that I have no recourse with HP, but it’s also apparently true. 

so, now I’m left with a laptop that isn’t even 2 years old, has already needed a replacement battery and track pad board, and the case is cracked and falling apart (and when you open it you are afraid that you will either damage the display or damage the keyboard. (Soooo glad that I paid extra for this name brand product!!  That’s really helped a lot in dealing with the problems (not!!)

so, if you have any suggestions other than personally messaging you for further instructions (I fell for that one when someone suggested it earlier…and got zero assistance) I would be very happy to hear them here on the public board. 

or if anyone else has any idea what that little anchor thing is that the case screws into so I can order the proper replacement part that would be great!

HP Recommended

Hi@Pkogerj1,

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. HP provides repair or part replacement options for out of warranty products as well. Hence I encourage you to contact HP support for out of warranty service options.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the warranty repair/replacement options.

You can also find and visit the nearest HP service center from this link

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.