Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello I am using a device (Hp Notebook-15-da2024nt) and now I am using a processor (Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz) in my device and can I upgrade this processor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Your notebook already has the fastest type of SSD available (NVMe), so the only thing I can think of that you can do would be to add another 8 GB memory chip in the empty slot and have 16 GB of memory running in dual channel mode instead of 8 GB running in single channel mode.

This would be a compatible 8 GB DDR4-2666 MHz memory chip for your notebook.

Crucial 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM | CT8G4SFRA266 | Crucial.com

Hopefully, you can get this brand and part number memory in Türkiye.

Below is the link to the service manual for the older 15-da model series which should be of help to open up the notebook to install additional memory.

HP 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook's processor is an integral part of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded.

The problem is HP does not have the service manual for your notebook's model series and the only replacement motherboards are for the notebooks with the older Intel 8th gen core processors.

So, I can't even tell you what replacement motherboards are available that may come with better processors.

It would also cost you a fortune to do an upgrade such as that.

HP Recommended

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER SO WHAT SHOULD I DO TO SPEED MY DEVICE?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Your notebook already has the fastest type of SSD available (NVMe), so the only thing I can think of that you can do would be to add another 8 GB memory chip in the empty slot and have 16 GB of memory running in dual channel mode instead of 8 GB running in single channel mode.

This would be a compatible 8 GB DDR4-2666 MHz memory chip for your notebook.

Crucial 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM | CT8G4SFRA266 | Crucial.com

Hopefully, you can get this brand and part number memory in Türkiye.

Below is the link to the service manual for the older 15-da model series which should be of help to open up the notebook to install additional memory.

HP 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.