Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 2019 Flagship 4PY21UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

About a month ago, I noticed my laptop was showing plugged in, but wasn't charging.  I googled the issue & found a fix that involved uninstalling the ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver.  This worked...  for a time.

Yesterday, I noticed it happened again - the laptop is plugged in, but not charging.  The fix I found before didn't work this time (I tried it 3 times).  I ran the HP Hardware Diagnostics tool to scan the battery - it passed, though the charge state was 'not available'.  The AC Adapter passed, too.  As far as I know, all of my drivers are updated and I've used the HP Support Assistant to make sure everything else is updated & working properly.  Short of taking this somewhere to get fixed, do I have any other options?  Sadly, the warranty expired back in December (which is conveniently right around when the battery issue first started).  Also, I cannot remove the battery from this model.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Primary_ChargeControl: Failed

The battery needs replacement.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The battery CAN be removed it just requires opening the case. Can you provide the advanced results of the battery test? The simple pass/fail can be misleading and mask some issues that require battery replacement. 

HP Recommended

These are from the HP Hardware Diagnostics (1.6.2.0) -

CeementBatteryCheckResult: 11
DevicesSupported: 1
DeviceCount: 1
Primary_ACPowerOn: True
Primary_ACAdapterOk: True
Primary_TestresultString: OK

Primary_DesignCapacity: 4550mAh

Primary_FullChargeCapacity: 4393mAh

Primary_RemainingCapacity: 4097mAh

Primary_MaxError: 1

Primary_CycleCount: 2

Primary_Temperature: 23deg C

Primary_Voltage: 12785mV

Primary_Current: 0mA

Primary_DesignVoltage: 11550mV

Primary_Status: 192

Primary_CellVoltage1: 4261mV

Primary_CellVoltage2: 4262mV

Primary_CellVoltage3: 4262mV

Primary_CellVoltage4: 0mV

Primary_SerialNumber: 00153 05/11/2018

Primary_ManufacturerName: 333-1B-4B-A

Primary_BatteryCTNumber: 6GXJU03WYAR4EC

Primary_Warranty: 3

Primary_CalibrationType: 3

Primary_TempCharge: True

Primary_ChargeTest: False

Primary_ChargeCapacity: 96

Primary_TempAlarm: False

Primary_DeepDischarge: Fals

Primary_FullCharge: False

Primary_FullChargeStatus: False

Primary_BatteryCharge: False

Primary_DesignCycleCount: 1000

Regarding removing the battery - I am really leery of disassembling a laptop, even if it's just to pop the back off & remove the battery.  And I don't have have a small enough screwdriver to do so anyway.  Is removing the battery crucial for that fix to work?  The response I found said it wasn't and it worked last time without doing so.

HP Recommended

The battery needs replacement.

HP Recommended

Well, crap. 

Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this.  I appreciate it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.