cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Laptop suddenly turns off at 50% charge

HP Recommended
Pavilion P248NE
Hi
I have a HP notebook P248NE i7.  I replaced the battery 4 months ago, and now I have got a problem that the laptop suddenly turns off at 50% charge. I searched how to calibrate the battery but failed to do that because when I leave the laptop to deplete its battery it shuts off abruptly!!
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Level 17
Level 17
47,850 42,097 4,628 12,301
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @AnisEsmaeili 

"I have a HP notebook P248NE i7."   HP does not identify its notebooks like that.   

Take a look at the bottom of this reply and see the keystrokes that will allow you to access the System Information dialog which will provide the complete  product number and product name of your notebook.

I would run the Windows Battery report utility to get information on the battery.

From your description of the issue, the battery is either not charging completely or is faulty.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops or desktop PCs, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate the Product number (SKU)
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Capture1.PNG

Also this notebook model does not have the option to calibrate the battery using bios (HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI) provided here https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04700771

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
47,850 42,097 4,628 12,301
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It would help if you copied and then pasted the report into your reply.  With the report in front of me, I will be able to analyze the data.

If you run the  battery test in the HP Support Assistant, the utility will calibrate the battery if required.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops or desktop PCs, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate the Product number (SKU)
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation