Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 250 G6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded my laptop but benchmarking show it's at the 17th percentile.

I installed 16 Gb RAM and a 1Tb SSD and reinstalled windows.

Have I used the correct RAM:

Kingston KCP426SS6/8 8GB DDR4 2666Mhz Non ECC Memory RAM SODIMM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Kingston memory configurator for your notebook indicates you installed the correct memory.

Memory for a HP/Compaq - 200 Series Notebook 250 G6 (i3-6006U/i5-7200U/i7-7500U, DDR4) - Kingston Te...

If the memory was not correct, your notebook wouldn't have booted up.

I wouldn't be all that concerned about the benchmarking info.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried serveral different benchmarking sites/software and all were very similar.

The reason I ask is that I upgraded this laptop to operate my telescope, mount and cameras with. When I send an instruction or - say - click on a drop down menu it takes 10-20s for the laptop to respond.

Somestime all the instructions seem to have formed a queue then all happen 20s later.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you notebook has the onboard Intel graphics, the graphics may be the weak point in the chain.

HP Recommended

Is there an upgrade for the graphics?

HP Recommended

Not without replacing the motherboard, and you may as well buy a new PC with better graphics, because such a project would cost a lot of money, assuming you could even find the motherboard listed in chapter 3 of your notebook's service manual that comes with better graphics.

And you would need a new heat sink.

HP 250 G6 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

Motherboard:

Intel Core i5-7200U processor and 2 GB of discrete graphics memory   926248-601

Heatsink:

For use in models with discrete graphics memory and 6th or 7th generation Intel Core processors   924976-001

HP Recommended

OK thanks well its cost enough so far and I may have solved 1 of the 2 issues by using a different EQMOD cable to talk to the mount. ONly tried it indoors but looking better already.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.