Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion x360 Converitble
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had the pavilion x360 for about a year now, and pretty much since day one I have had hard drive issues. I cannot have two or more programs open at the same time. If I am running publisher and file explorer it lags and freezes up. Photoshop and any other programs freezes, even just opening Google Chrome while OneDrive is syncing freezes the whole computer. Most of the time I have to hard reset it to fix the issue. I have read somewhere that replacing the hard drive it came with will fix the issue. Has anyone done this? What other options have worked? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

We need the full model number of the laptop to assess exactly what hardware you have and give you an idea how hard it would be to replace the hard drive. There is a diagnostic application built in that will test the hard drive and say if it has mechanical problems. Tap esc as you power up then F2 for component tests then storage/hard drive. Run the full long test and please report results back here. Things other than a bad hard drive can cause symptoms as you describe but bad hard drive is definitely a candidate. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.