Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 (13-4011TU)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop is a HP Spectre x360 (13-4011TU). It is probably close to 3 years. But paying so much for it I'd expected to it to last me at least a good 5 years.

Ok so the problem is I cannot turn on my laptop without the AC charger. The laptop says "94% charging", so I shut it down and removed the charger but I cannot turn it on after that. I can only turn on the laptop only when my laptop is charging.

After an hour, I realised that my laptop is still charging at 94%. 

So I'm wondering why can't the laptop be turned on when it has 94% battery?

Attached is a picture of my never ending "94% charging".

hp batt prob.png

Please help asap. I can't be bringing my charger everywhere I go.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi taimingkoh,

I am quite confident that this is a battery issue. 

To confirm, try this:

1. On startup repeatedly hit Esc
  2. Then select f2
  3. Go to component tests
  4. Test the Battery

You could probably easily replace the battery.

Awaiting your response,

kem579

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Hi kem579,

Did that but the system told me that it "PASSED", so now I'm running a calibration.

AEF4B4FC-C60D-4247-9E25-7A73F4C8F3F1.jpg

Attached is a snapshot of my battery details, maybe it'll help?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Ok I did the calibration but the battery is still down.

HP Recommended

Hi taimingkoh,

What did the battery calibration test show? Did it just pass?

I recommend also running a battery calibration on HP Support Assistant. HP Support Assistant download here: http://www8.hp.com/ca/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

There's also an HP document on manual calibration here: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04700771

By the way, does the computer function normally if you pull out the AC adatper during usage after you started it up plugged in? 

Also do you perhaps have a system board test available on the UEFI Diagnostics page?

Regards,

kem579

Hit the Accept as Solution if I solved your problem.
Hit the thumbs up to show thanks!

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Hi there, did you ever get this issue fixed? I'm having the exact same problem with my 3 year old HP Spectre x360. 

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm having the same exact issue.

I've ran a batter test in both the OS and System Tests at start up.

I'm also running a System Extensive Test.

My batter shows 94% charged but when I immediately unplug the charger it shuts off instantly.

The LED charging light on the laptop is amber. I did notice it blinking white on and off every 1.5 seconds or so.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.