Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, we've bought an Elitebook 840 G3 for our son to use it for his beginning studys. Does anybody know, how we can load the laptop via USB-Port with a Powerbank. Is there a special Powerbank useful?

THX Falk

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@FMOe 

What is your USB with a Powerbank ? What USB port did you use ? Does it have enough wattage to drive your machine ? Normally Power banks for phones and tablets do not have enough power required by notebooks.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien, thx for your answer. I've tested many Powerbanks^^. At the moment I have a Baseus 65W, that should deliver 12//3A out, but this will not be accepted as a powersource from my Elitebook, when I connect it to USB-C or USB-A - Ports on my Laptop. I think, there is not enough power aviable from the Powerbank. I've ordered now a HP Essential Powerbank ... I hope, this will work. Do you know, which voltage and current I must deliver to the USB-Port, which I use for loading?

THX Falk

HP Recommended

Hello

USB-C port of 840 G3 doesn't suppont power-in .

You can't provide power or charge the battery on 840 G3 on USB-C or USB-A port.

you must have an HP accessory . I don't know if it's still sold, HP Notebook Power Bank N9F71AA

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.