Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Laptop 15-CSC003CA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently bought & returned this laptop because I could not find a HP, Kensington or Targis locking cable to fit this unit.
The reseller nor [edit]  (8 different departments) could not answer exactly what HP or 3rd party cable would fit the lock slot. 

One HP department said I needed part # TOY14UT and another department said no this only fits businerss models.
Why doesn't the manual, which wasn't easy to locate, state what brand or model of locking cable was required.

I've used & like HP's products alot & really wanted to keep this laptop.  It's to be used in a retail environment and needs to be locked down.

After some Googling I undertstand there are several different slots ie Kensington stand, mini & noble etc.

I'm very willling to runout & repurchase this laptop but I need to know exactly what HP or 3rd party lock cable fits this unit.

Cheers,

Marsman

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

On another post, I see the following might be the locking cable unit I've been looking for...

Kensington MiniSaver Mobile Lock for Ultra Mobility, K67890WW (for Ultra Mobility)

An experts, Yes or No, opinon would really be appreciated.

Cheers,
Marsman

HP Recommended

Still no joy trying to locate an answer on the web...

What exact locking cable fits a HP Pavillion Laptop 15-CS0003CA

I cannot be the only one that finds this very frustrating & unbelivable that there isn't a HP Laptop /notebook chart outling what lock slots are on each model  eg. 1.0 standard, 2.0, mini, micro or nano.

Cheers : (

HP Recommended

@Marsman13

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

Based on the model number mentioned in the post, here is the compatible security lock part number "T0Y15AA" 

This is the common security lock for all the notebooks.

You can find this lock on HP shopping: https://hp.care/2l1BHTi or HP part surfer: https://hp.care/2AjuDql website using the part number.

However, to provide the accurate solution please help me with the exact Model number of your laptop.

Hope this helps you! Keep me posted.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply Raj1788,

As mentioned in my previous posts ...Model #: 15-CS0003CA

You mentioned your solution "TOY15AA" security lock was a common lock used on all notebooks however when I went to Staples and tried out 2 standard Kensinton locks and 1 standard (regular} Targis lock none of these seemed to fit.
Also went to Vision Electronics and one of their sales people tried another standard Kensington lock which also didn't fit or lock properly.

I gather from my research that the newer slim laptop /notebooks require the newer Kensington 2.0 mini/micro locks not the standard 1.0 lock.

Can you please confirm your "TOY15AA" absolutely fits & locks the HP Pavillion Model 15-CS0003CA.

Cheers,

Marsman

HP Recommended

@Marsman13

Thanks for the reply,

I suggest contact HP shopping or Hp phone support.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for one on one interaction. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: https://hp.care/2uJxnug

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Help.  I have the same issue.  I have HP Pavilion - 15-cs0059nr laptop.  I have purchased and tried 3 different cable locks: Targus Defcon, Kensington Microsaver 2.0, Kensington Ultra Cable.  Each were advertised as fitting over 99% of all laptop computers.  Yet none of them fit this laptop.  I just spent about half an hour in a chat with HP Support and they could not identify which cable lock fits and referred me to HP shopping.  I am quite doubtful that they can help.  Appreciate if someone knows what cable lock will fit this laptop.

HP Recommended

I called HP Sales (actually twice).  First guy had a really bad attitude and didn't want to help me at all.  Wanted to transfer me to parts.  I called back HP Sales and spoke with another guy who had a better attitude and would help.  He says that the correct cable lock for this unit is the TOY14UT. So I ordered this lock for $19, and hope it works.

HP Recommended

As I feared - the lock which HP sold me as fitting the HP laptop does not in fact fit.

HP Recommended

I spent an hour with HP sales.  As far as they can tell there is no (correct) information about a lock for this computer.  What gives?  How can HP sell a laptop with a mysterious locking slot which doesn't fit the industry standard?  Anyone have any ideas how to lock this laptop?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.