Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Zbook 15u G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Had a heck of a time removing the lower cover, it just would not slide off, no matter what I did.

I then took a box cutter and slid it along the seam where the cover meets the laptop.

Was yhen able to lift the cover up enough to remove the cover.

The actual cause of the problem was the battery had swelled up in size, pushing the cover upward, putting pressure on the cover, preventing it from sliding.

After battery removal, it slides on and off normally .

Going to replace the battery, but wanted to share what I had done to remove the stubborn over.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I would not recommend the edge of a sharp blade but a non-marring piece of plastic like a spudger or a credit card even.

HP Recommended

I agree, but I dod try to slip a credit card, but the seam was just to tight. I even tried a jewelers screw driver, but couldn't slip that in either.

I think the fact that the battery was so swollen, it was putting to much pressure upward to get amy other than a box cutter.

It did cut two of the clips off, but that was enough to reduce the pressure to allow it to slide off. Everything is good and I was able to upgrade the memory modules.

I don't think my situation is common , but it did work in my case (no pun intended )

HP Recommended

Unfortunately it happens and I have had 2 different batteries swell on my Zbook 15 G3 which is now 4 or 5 years old. It affects different models differently. On mine it put a lot of upward pressure on the screws so that the back cover literally popped open when I unscrewed a couple of them. On models where the access panel slides in a channel I can see where it would freeze the panel in place and prevent its sliding. Thanks for the report. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.