Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-bf103tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, can i add a m.2 sata ssd on the existing m.2 slot ? Since I've read one reply saying that if you add the m.2 ssd , you must remove the hdd so i got confused a bit. You can use both m.2 ssd and a hdd at the same time right ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

Chapter 1 has the supported drive types.  M.2 SATA SSD's are supported, not NVMe.

HP Pavilion 14 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP au...

Your notebook supports dual drive configurations (2.5" drive + M.2 SSD), but you will need to remove Windows from the 2.5" drive or the notebook will always want to boot from the 2.5" drive first, and not the SSD.

Notebooks that come with dual drive configurations from the factory do not have operating systems on the 2.5" drive.

They are only used for storage.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

Chapter 1 has the supported drive types.  M.2 SATA SSD's are supported, not NVMe.

HP Pavilion 14 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP au...

Your notebook supports dual drive configurations (2.5" drive + M.2 SSD), but you will need to remove Windows from the 2.5" drive or the notebook will always want to boot from the 2.5" drive first, and not the SSD.

Notebooks that come with dual drive configurations from the factory do not have operating systems on the 2.5" drive.

They are only used for storage.

HP Recommended

May i know which one would you recommend , kingston a400 m.2 or a wd green m.2 ?

HP Recommended

Hi:

I recommend you spend a little more money and get the WD Blue M.2 SSD.

That has the fastest read write speeds that I know of.

If you want to only limit yourself to the a400 or the WD Green, then I would go with the Kingston as that seems to have great reviews...

Amazon.com: Kingston A400 240G Internal SSD M.2 2280 SA400M8/240G - Increase Performance : Electroni...

HP Recommended

Thank you so much bro ! 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.