Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY m7-u009dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, trying to determine if my HP ENVY m7-u009dx has (or could have?) an m.2 SSD?  The manual for my model ("HP ENVY m7 Notebook PC (model numbers used 17-u000 through 17-u099") says it's compatible/shows how to (un)install an M.2 formfactor card, the exploded view of the laptop shows an SSD card, but manual doesn't show where it is, nor can I find the socket anywhere on the main board.  I've removed the battery and hard drive and have looked all around the main board.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Well, the true is: the following link shows the specs of your computer

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05178681

It has a SINGLE 1TB 5400 rpm SATA and the manual says the series can have one of the following options:

m7.png

You machine can't have both.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

That why it clearly says:

Maintenance and Service Guide
IMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP authorized service providers only

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Ahh, so the slot magically reveals itself in the presence of an "authorized" [rovider!  Just kidding, thx for getting back to me, but I'm confused by your (non) answer.  Yes I know what the manual reads (was a little puzzled by that initially), but it was referred to me (on 2 different occassions) by HP Support itself (separate issues).  I've also upgraded my memory and replaced USB card (tho didn't need the manual it for those).

W/out gettingoff track though, my question was, where's the M.2 SSD/how can I instal one - or, I guess why the manual is inaccrate/says it has an SSD socket when it doesn't.  Pls help if you know the answer?  Thx again for responding!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I know the manual did not say where. M.2 SSD's from a shortest to a longest they are not the size of a needle. Open the case you can see it very clear.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

I think we're off in the weeds again.  As evidenced by my past 2 posts, I've already been in the case, and if I could see it "very clearly" I wouldn't be in this forum.  Apologies but it says "HP Expert" next to your name; can i assume you actually know this answer?  We've wasted 4 msgs already and I assume we're trying to promote a place where folks can confidently go for answers.  Again thx a lot for replying!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Well, the true is: the following link shows the specs of your computer

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05178681

It has a SINGLE 1TB 5400 rpm SATA and the manual says the series can have one of the following options:

m7.png

You machine can't have both.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thx BH, was afraid of that, but remained hopeful.  So I guess th only choice is to replace the HDD w/ an equally-sized 2.5" SSD.  I get a "This portlet is unavailable" error on the link you provided tho.

HP Recommended

so do you have m2 ssd socket or not or does anyone else has m2 socket in m7-u009dx?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.