Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 245 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,Can anyone please tell me if i could install a nvme ssd in Hp 245 G7? The service manual says it supports only m.2 sata ssd but the m.2 slot looks like it will support Nvme,Please help me find out

Thanks in advance🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If it has a Ryzen processor, a NVMe drive may work.

If it has an 'e' or 'A' series processor, only SATA SSD's will work.

This video is for the 255 G7 which is the same as your model but has the 15.6" display screen.

HP 250/255 G7 - M.2 SSD and 2.5" HDD/SSD Upgrade Guide - 6BN96EA - YouTube

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi:

If it has a Ryzen processor, a NVMe drive may work.

If it has an 'e' or 'A' series processor, only SATA SSD's will work.

This video is for the 255 G7 which is the same as your model but has the 15.6" display screen.

HP 250/255 G7 - M.2 SSD and 2.5" HDD/SSD Upgrade Guide - 6BN96EA - YouTube

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot mate🙂But the 245 G7 service manual mentions it only support m.2 sata ssd,that's why it's confusing 

HP Recommended

I do have a ryzen 3500U processor,but the documentation

mentions support for only sata drives in the m.2 slot

HP Recommended

I know.

You would have to take a chance on it.

The video for the 255 G7 indicates that model could come configured with NVMe drives, so I assume the 245 G7 could as well.

HP Recommended

Yeah bro i saw a youTuber use a nvme in the 245 g7,Anyway thanks a lot mate🙂

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Please post back and let us know if you decide to buy a 500 GB NVMe drive if it worked.

I am pretty sure it will.

HP Recommended

Yes sure,i will update you when i am done 

HP Recommended

And Finally, Mission SSD upgrade is done and dusted. Thanks a lot mate. I went with a 500 GB Kingston a2000 Nvme SSD, It immediately showed up in the BIOS after installation, But to my surprise it was running in Pcie 2.0 mode ,But fortunately after an BIOS update it is running in Pcie 3.0 mode with no trouble.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Thanks for letting us know how the your notebook's SSD upgrade project went, and that a BIOS update was required to activate the PCIe 3.0 speed.

Enjoy!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.