Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cc610ms
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion - 15-cc610ms is not detecting M2 SSD A2000, i have troubleshoot all the things. updated my bios, update my chipsets drivers, detached battery and connect M2 SSD, all the things but nothing worked.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There isn't a M.2 slot that I know of on any HP notebook or desktop PC that has two keys in it.

Every slot looks like a NVMe SSD would work in it.

But that is not the case...some slots support both SATA and NVMe SSD's, some support NVMe SSD's only, and some support SATA SSD's only, such as the slot in your notebook.

Just because the SATA M.2 SSD has two notches cut into it, that doesn't mean a thing regarding the SATA SSD not fitting in the slot.

There is nothing blocking the second cut from going in the slot.

That notch just doesn't make contact with those pins in the slot.

Trust me...no NVMe SSD is going to work in your notebook...Exchange it for a M.2 SATA SSD, and you will be good to go.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are two service manuals for your notebook's model series.

The one service manual is incorrect in showing that NVMe M.2 SSD's are supported in the  15-cc6xx notebook model series.

This is the correct service manual, and chapter 1 has the supported drive types...SATA M.2 SSD's only.

HP Pavilion 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP au...

Your notebook's M.2 slot only supports SATA M.2 SSD's not NVMe.

You will have to exchange the M.2 NVMe drive for a SATA one, and then it will work fine.

HP Recommended

Thank  you for your prompt response. its very appreciable, lets come to the issue

My laptop contains the Slot of NVMe M2 SSD, then how come its supports M2 Sata SSD? I've searched about the difference between these two storage and I found out the M2 Sata SSD contains 2 cuts at the edge of connecting the SSD and M2 NVMe SSD contains a single cut at the edge. I found my laptop has NVMe M2 SSD. 

kindly need your assistance regarding the subject matter. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There isn't a M.2 slot that I know of on any HP notebook or desktop PC that has two keys in it.

Every slot looks like a NVMe SSD would work in it.

But that is not the case...some slots support both SATA and NVMe SSD's, some support NVMe SSD's only, and some support SATA SSD's only, such as the slot in your notebook.

Just because the SATA M.2 SSD has two notches cut into it, that doesn't mean a thing regarding the SATA SSD not fitting in the slot.

There is nothing blocking the second cut from going in the slot.

That notch just doesn't make contact with those pins in the slot.

Trust me...no NVMe SSD is going to work in your notebook...Exchange it for a M.2 SATA SSD, and you will be good to go.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.