Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Z book studio g3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi,
I have zbook studio g3. My computer have 2x256 ssd m2 disk. How do I create Raid 0 with two disk?
I tried to find in bios settings. I found it but than CTRL+I not work. Do you have any suggestion?
Thanks,
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

The specifications does show RAID support.  See the below image. You are going to need two SATA m.2 SSDs. Look at the storage controllers. It's "plural" meaning that there should be more than one m.2 SSD slot.  Backup your data and be sure to create the external HP recovery media before you do anything. Go to the Control Panel and then click on the Intel Rapid Storage Technology application. The first open panel should show you the available SATA devices. Then click on Create. You will have to make a decision between RAID 0 (more storage and better performance but no backup) or RAID 1 (replicate).  SSDs are quite reliable so I personally would choose RAID 0 The IRST help panels are quite good.  Good luck.  Sorry about the image quality as my program was set to 10% quality. My bad.

z Book RAID.jpgR1.jpgR2.jpgR4.jpg

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hi Big_Dave,

Thanksissue.PNG for your quick answer. Intel R.T does not recognize my second disk. You can check the image below. Do you have any suggestion?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Based on your posted IRST information, I only see one SSD being discovered.

Try running the latest HP Diagnostics and see if the SSDs are discovered.

HP Hardware Diagnostics

After you boot up the diagnostics, go to System Information ---> Hard Drives and see if both SSDs are recognized

If you see two devices then both should be indentified as SATA SSDs or RAID is not going to work.

What does the diagnostics identify?

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
Hi,
I think I found solution. One of my disk is m2 pcie not sata. Because of this studio g3 not support none sata disk's Raid. When I checked with another sata m2 disk, intel rapid tech discover it and I can raid.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Interesting.

If you notice my first IRST image, the RAID volume is twin NVMe PCIe SSDs.

Of course the diagnostics would have identified the hard drive device types.

Good luck!

HP Recommended
I will check for you and publish hp diag. notes.
Give me a two hours please
HP Recommended

You can find my diagnotacis report below.

001.PNG

Also I added Intel Rapid Storage Tech report below. It did not recognize my pcie ssd.  I understand G3 Studio not supported non- Sata Rapid. 

You computer model is same?

002.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi,

I suggest that you run the diagnostics at boot up using F2 key.  Under System Information --> Hard Drive Information you should see something like the below image.  Look at the Type for each HDD.

F2 UEFI diag HD detect.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.