Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 13-ay0278ng

Dear HP Community,

I've been having a bunch of different problems with my HP ENVY x360 13-ay and started considering to send it in, but yesterday evening when closing the lid the closing mechanism hung itself up or something like that and it started to pop out the lower right part of the display. It still works fine and without issues, but I'm afraid that closing the lid will cause a crack. I have gently tried to push it back in but there's quite the resistance and also here I'm afraid it'll break if I apply force.

Besides that I also had a whole host of other issues, namely:

- USB C Port somewhat frequently doesn't work (monitor doesn't get recognized, USB-C hub and screen works fine with other laptops)
- keyboard, track-pad or both sometimes don't register anything at all (restart required)
- severe overheating during normal usage because the fans don't turn on; usually requires restart (just the other day laptop black-screened because the fans didn't turn on)
- Bluetooth module sometimes seizes to work (windows doesn't detect it at all; requires restart of laptop)
- occasionally the laptop just is off when I haven't used it for a few minutes ("secretly" shuts down)
- sometimes it then doesn't start up when pressing power button (keyboard LEDs turn on, but neither screen nor fans do; when closing lid the LEDs remain on; hard-shutdown necessary to restart laptop)
- rubber-strips have fallen off, which makes it super slippery

- the official HP Pen for this device doesn't work well with the screen (prior to the screen popping out)
- sometimes it burns through all of it's energy quite quickly when not plugged in, even when the lid is closed, causing it to be drained and hot

I'm not sure what to do. Will this be covered by the extended warranty?

If so, should I just send-in the laptop stretched out, rather than with a closed lid? I don't want the repair team to tell me I've dropped and cracked the screen, when it just broke itself when closing the lid.

screen popped itself outscreen popped itself out

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Protozoan1479,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Envy x360 Many hardware problems. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

I am sorry to hear that  This needs one-on-one interaction hence I'm sending a private message to assist you with the next action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, Please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.