Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Whats the max ram I can use on my system?

Edition :     Windows 10 Home

Version:     1607

OS Build:    14393.693

Processor: Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

Installed RAM: 8.00 GBB

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Absolutely. 

See page 5....on that model series 16 gigs is expressly specified in the manual:

Manual

Both the dv7-5xxx and the dv7-6xxx series used 2d gen Quad Core CPUs but on different chipsets and yours has always been known to take 16 gigs. 

8-GB memory module for use only with computer models equipped with an Intel processor (DDR3, 10600, 1333-MHz) 634091-001

https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-Notebooks-KTH-X3B-8G/dp/B007BPOHLK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I believe on Intel Core 2d gen Quad Core systems they will recognize 16 gigs. But it would help if you could provide your exact model number. dv7-5xxxaa? 

The 16 gig thing is not reflected in the Manual but has been discovered by users

HP Recommended

It shows a 584037-001  on the tag bottom side of the laptop. but no other markings that i see. 

HP Recommended

Look inside the battery bay

HP Recommended

dv7-6C95DX . does that look right ?

HP Recommended

Absolutely. 

See page 5....on that model series 16 gigs is expressly specified in the manual:

Manual

Both the dv7-5xxx and the dv7-6xxx series used 2d gen Quad Core CPUs but on different chipsets and yours has always been known to take 16 gigs. 

8-GB memory module for use only with computer models equipped with an Intel processor (DDR3, 10600, 1333-MHz) 634091-001

https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-Notebooks-KTH-X3B-8G/dp/B007BPOHLK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. Memory ordering time. !! 

HP Recommended

Just trying to find out what the max memory capacity of a Pavilion DV7-1245dx would be?  I have heard 8gb, 12gb and 16gb in 64 bit mode using Win 10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.