Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion g6-1131sx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Dears,

kindly i have HP Laptop : Pavilion g6-1131sx, it has 2 slots for RAMs ( the available RAMs are 2 GIGA + 1 GIGA), and i want to upgrade the RAMs for extra capcity, so kindly advise for the Maximum Ram i can adding for each slot???

thanks in advance. 

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you are running a 32 bit operating system as you posted, any memory greater than 4 GB (2 x 2 GB) will not be recognized by Windows.

You need to be running a 64 bit operating system to install the max of 2 x 4 GB of memory and have it be useful.

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03094322

HP Recommended

Thank you, kindly that means if i will be running 64 bit operating system, then i can upgrading the RAMs to 8 giga ( 2 slots x 4 giga), right?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is correct.

You would have to clean install W10 64 bit.

You can't 'upgrade' from a 32 bit to a 64 bit OS.

You should be able to do that for free by creating W10 64 bit installation media using the media creation tool at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option, and W10 will install and automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

HP Recommended

Thank so much Dear,

your fast support is highly appreciated and respected.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

Dear,

I tried to install windows 10 64 bit from the USB flash which has windows 10 64 bit has been got as you informed me before, but after the installation going the in the process and the required files of windows finished 100% laptop restarted and enters again windows installation process from the biggining!!!! 

kindly advice what is the problem??!!!

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, that happened to me too!

Here is what I did...when the PC restarted, I removed the USB flash drive before it turned back on.

Then W10 completed installing.

Some other folks have tried that and said it didn't work.

So, here is a guaranteed way to get W10 to install, if removing the USB flash drive doesn't work...make a bootable DVD instead.

Go back to the Media creation tool link, and download the W10 64 bit ISO file instead.

Then use the utility that I zipped up and attached below that will transfer the ISO file to a DVD so that it is bootable.

The difference is when you boot from a DVD, it asks you to press any key to boot from a DVD.

So on the first time, you press a key to boot from the DVD.

When W10 goes to restart after it installs the files, that message will appear to press any key to boot from a DVD, but you ignore it this time and it will boot from the hard drive and W10 will finish installing.

I quit using USB flash drives and only use DVD's to install Windows.

One time I was busy talking to someone while I was installing W10 from a USB flash drive, and it probably had begun re-installing 3 or 4 times before I realized what was going on.  😊

HP Recommended

actually I thought in 1st solution you mentioned it by removing the USB once the installation finished and before laptop restarted it again I removed the USB, but it gave me (disk error)

HP Recommended

I tried to remove it again, and the laptop now looping, turning on with screen note ( Getting Ready) for minutes then restarted!! now I gave my blue screen ( Just a moment)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.