Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp notebook 15-ba061dx / 1bp97ua#aba
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is the maximum ram speed i can install in it? Is it possible for my laptop to run at higher speed? Like 2133mhz or higher? What is the maximum it can run at?

The laptop has rams already intalled. They're 2GB 1Rx16 PC4-2400T-SC0-11 and 4GB 1Rx16 PC4-2400T-SC0-11. And i don't  know what speed are those.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Do you understand this:

There is no way for the memory speed to be increased beyond 1866 mhz. 

??? You can install DDR4-2133 or DDR4-2400 but it will run at 1866 mhz. Its a limitation of the AMD platform for your type of processor. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

No here is how the memory is described:

DDR4-1866 dual channel support
(DDR4-2400 bridge to DDR4-2133, and
DDR4-2133 downgrade to DDR4-1866)

So you have DDR4-2400 modules and they will downclock (bridge) to 1866 speed. There is no way for the memory speed to be increased beyond 1866 mhz.  You can install up to 16 gb (2 times eight gig modules). Since you have a 2 gb and a 4 gb you are not running in dual channel mode and memory bandwidth (not speed) would be increased by installing a matched pair of modules like 2 x 4 or 2 x 8. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Ok. Sorry, i dont really understand . I dont know much about it. But can you tell me what is the highest speed i can install in this pc?

HP Recommended

Do you understand this:

There is no way for the memory speed to be increased beyond 1866 mhz. 

??? You can install DDR4-2133 or DDR4-2400 but it will run at 1866 mhz. Its a limitation of the AMD platform for your type of processor. 

HP Recommended

Yes, i understand that. It's just that why would i upgrade to 2133mhz or 2400mhz if i will run only at 1866mhz.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Because there is no such thing as an 1866 module. 2133 is even not as common as 2400. Either will work in your laptop at 1866 speed. 

HP Recommended

Now i know. Thank you, sir.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.