Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15t-au100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Two of the main reasons I wanted a High end hardware PC is for gaming and music production. With gaming there is a small issue, I noticed that my graphics card is really not that powerful and have to constantly run on minimum graphics in the games's settings. 

Hardware Information:

Processor- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz

RAM- 12.0GB (11.9 GB useable)

Graphics- Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 (1.00GB adapter RAM)

Since this a newer laptop im sure I can upgrade the graphics driver, also if I can upgrade, ive been looking into nvidia GeForce drivers. Which one would fit in to the laptop, or if there is a specific type of graphics driver I must use for this laptop. 

Thank You for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is a CTO (Configure To Order) machine therefore I can't find its real specs but from your information it only has Graphics- Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 (1.00GB adapter RAM) therefore the short answer is no you can't upgrade its video card.

Actually it does not video card to upgrade because Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 is integrated to the CPU and motherboard.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is a CTO (Configure To Order) machine therefore I can't find its real specs but from your information it only has Graphics- Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 (1.00GB adapter RAM) therefore the short answer is no you can't upgrade its video card.

Actually it does not video card to upgrade because Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 is integrated to the CPU and motherboard.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
It has a 940 mx graphic card I think
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.