Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bw069ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have  AMD Quad-Core A10-9620P APU (2.5 GHz base frequency, up to 3.4 GHz) therefore RAM 8GB DDR4-1866 MHz.

Now I already upgrade my RAM to 8+8 GBDDR4 with 3200 MHz with both same brand and it's works become 16gb, but when i check the speed it's not increase, why its not increase? what should i do so i can improve my speed RAM

I already ask here therefore its okay to upgrabe to 16GB because its support, but why my speed not improve

i'm not tech savy person, so please help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at is 1866 MHz.

That is just the way it is.  It is a hardware limitation of the processor.

So any memory that you install is going to run at 1866 MHz.

Memory in any notebook can only run as fast as the processor can run it at.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at is 1866 MHz.

That is just the way it is.  It is a hardware limitation of the processor.

So any memory that you install is going to run at 1866 MHz.

Memory in any notebook can only run as fast as the processor can run it at.

HP Recommended

Hi Sir, glad to see you again,

Thank you for be with me again 🙂

tbh I'm trying to gamble when decided to upgrade more speed  MHZ with in, because I see on internet my prosesor AMD A10 said it's frequency speed 2500 (and maximums can achive 3400 Mhz) but if it's not work then my motherboard hardware is my limitation I guess.

Thank you for your help 🙂 seems my gamble get wrong 😅

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, unfortunately I did not work out.

But the good news is you can use that memory in a different notebook that can run the memory at its advertised speed, so it was not a complete waste.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.