Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-ce0501sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought an HP Pavilion 14-ce0501sa laptop and plan to upgrade RAM, but unfortunately after buying a Kingston 16gb ddr4 2400 1.2V the laptop did not work. With power but no display... If I put back the old RAM my laptop seems to work fine.

Can anyone suggest or provide to me the list of supported Memory modules or brands.?? or does this laptop support 16GB???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the Crucial memory report your notebook supports 1 x 16 GB of memory.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion 14 systems | Pavilion 14-ce1806nz | Crucial.com

The above model has basically the same processor specs as yours does.

HP Pavilion 14-ce1806nz Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Chapter 1 of the service manual indicates the max is 1 x 16 GB of memory as well.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion 14 Laptop PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP au...

I recommend you buy one of the DDR4 memory chips offered by Crucial since they guarantee compatibility.

Either the 2666 or 2400 MHz memory chip should work fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the Crucial memory report your notebook supports 1 x 16 GB of memory.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion 14 systems | Pavilion 14-ce1806nz | Crucial.com

The above model has basically the same processor specs as yours does.

HP Pavilion 14-ce1806nz Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Chapter 1 of the service manual indicates the max is 1 x 16 GB of memory as well.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion 14 Laptop PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP au...

I recommend you buy one of the DDR4 memory chips offered by Crucial since they guarantee compatibility.

Either the 2666 or 2400 MHz memory chip should work fine.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply... I will return the RAM which I recently bought and then order the Crucial Brand instead.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully, that will solve your dilemma.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.