Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop 17-ce1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

My question is how many memory slots does it have?
What type?
I would like to apply the memory.

Thank you.

HP ENVY Laptop 17-ce1xxx
My notebook

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ady1503 I appreciate the details, that said, you may have two slots, although the max tested by HP is 16GB, 

for more details on part replacementss and upgrades: click here

• Memory module (DDR4-2666):
    • 8 GB - 937236-855
    • 4 GB - L10598-855
  • you may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@ady1503 Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need! - (This is insufficient - HP ENVY Laptop 17-Ce1xxx)

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Also, I must let you know that HP does not recommend upgrades or hardware changes as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance by design, that said, the upgradeable parts listed by HP articles are purely for your ease, as the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is very simply say how many slots have this HP ENVY? 

HP Recommended

@ady1503 It is very simple indeed, once I know which model you have!

So, do me a favor and reply with that, help me, help you!

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello

model: HP ENVY Laptop 17-ce1000ns

Motherboard Manufacturer HP Model 86B0 (U3E1) Version 84.15 Chipset Vendor Intel Chipset Model ID9B61 Chipset Revision 0C Southbridge Vendor Intel Southbridge Model ID0284 Southbridge Revision 00

Thanks

HP Recommended

@ady1503 I appreciate the details, that said, you may have two slots, although the max tested by HP is 16GB, 

for more details on part replacementss and upgrades: click here

• Memory module (DDR4-2666):
    • 8 GB - 937236-855
    • 4 GB - L10598-855
  • you may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply and solution. 

HP Recommended

That's awesome, I'm glad i could help,

Remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,

We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.