Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 11”
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I own a Pavilion x360 11.6" and am trying to upgrade the RAM. I took it apart and can’t find where the chips are located. I’m hoping not on the backside of the board. I hoped somebody could help me out. I was unable to find anything online for this exact laptop. Thanks a lot. 

(pic below)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The product specs for your notebook confirm the memory is not upgradable.

HP Pavilion x360 m Convertible 11m-ap0023dx Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Memory, standard
4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (onboard)

'Onboard' means the memory is an integral part of the motherboard and cannot be removed/upgraded.

Chapter 5 of the service manual indicates the same--there is no procedure to remove or replace the memory.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion x360 Convertible PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended fo...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

FA6F9F4F-77A9-43AB-B781-E7A7C8AF00B7.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

On many of the smaller notebooks the memory is soldered to the motherboard and is not upgradable.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. Here’s the full model number. 11M-AP0023DX. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The product specs for your notebook confirm the memory is not upgradable.

HP Pavilion x360 m Convertible 11m-ap0023dx Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Memory, standard
4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (onboard)

'Onboard' means the memory is an integral part of the motherboard and cannot be removed/upgraded.

Chapter 5 of the service manual indicates the same--there is no procedure to remove or replace the memory.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion x360 Convertible PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended fo...

HP Recommended

Really helpful. Thanks for the response. 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.