Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy TS 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy TS 17 Notebook PC that has been having mouse pad issues for a while.  The mouse pointer will randomly jump to a point on the screen and click so the focus jumps out of whatever I'm currently working with.  It makes the laptop really hard to use and work with.  I've tried playing with the drivers, and the mouse pad settings, but nothing is working.

I attempted to initiate a chat with HP support, but get this message:  "This product is no longer serviced by HP. You may search for possible solutions on this support website. ".   I'm not sure what this means, because the laptop is still under warranty.  Is there an email address where I can contact HP support about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@markcloutier121

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@markcloutier121

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the same issue - I wrote the forum yesterday.  

I believe what we are BOTH suffering from is the palm of our hand inadvertently hits the pad, and it makes the cursor jump.

I'm hoping they will respond with a way to make the pad less sensitive.  I know there's a way to LOCK the pad, but when you want to use it, that'll be a hassle!  I'm very sure it's my "drooping, lazy" right hand doing this.

WHAT HP NEEDS TO FIX IS THE FACT THAT (A) THE PAD IS NOT CENTERED ON THE QWERTY BOARD, IT'S MORE TO THE RIGHT, WHICH MAKE MY RIGHT HAD REST ON IT AND (B) THE PAD IS TOO LARGE

Now that we own our machines, tho, I don't know a fix aside from the less sensitive idea I have..... hope this helps

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.