Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi J_Lee1,

You would have to take the computer to a local repair shop. They can inspect the laptop and run some diagnostics on the computer to find the issue.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Alright I'll do that.. But thanks so much for taking some time to try and help me out 🙂
Much appreciated.
HP Recommended

My HP pavilion g6 computer had this same problem. Got up one morning- no power. Light on next to AC cord. Tried all the suggested stuff about removing battery, holding down power button, etc.  No go.

A couple of days prior, I had had a problem with the keys in the upper left not working- esc and a few numbers/ letters, unless I repeatedly pressed them.

So- in frustration with the power button issue- I randomly started pressing keys in that area. Low and behold, computer came on to HP Quick Launch- which I had never seen before. Figured out how to get to Windows from there. 

Now, that's what I do every day. Not gonna mess with trying to eliminate Quick Launch. Just my workaround. Just need to figure exactly which of the buttons in that upper right quadrant is the one that starts my computer going!

I'm not a computer tech, so this is just what worked for this regular old lady 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello, similar problem here:

Model is HP Pavilion g6-1000

It will power on (be it with battery alone, or ac power alone or battery and ac power).

The light near the power jack turns white, also the power light turns white.

Also, the wifi led turns on and stays on. No other leds are turning on (not caps lock either).

The fan starts, at a high speed initially and then at a lower speed.

The DVD makes a noise, indicating that it gets power and performs the self diagnostic.

The HDD however doesn't seem to spin up at all, as if it doesn' t get any power.

Screen is blank and nothing more happens.

I tried with another HDD, nothing. I tried without HDD, nothing.

I tried replacing the memory modules, nothing.

I even tried starting without the wifi module, to no avail.

Of course I tried with the 30 second pressing the power button, nothing there either.

Please advise

HP Recommended
I was playing a cd on my laptop and left it playing. About an hour later, there was no power, it was dead and would not release the cd.
HP Recommended
brother i also have the same problem today in my hp pavilion g6-2260sx...but i just turned it off forcefully by pressing and holding the power button and its wont turned on again...and i tried all upper mathods but it does not on still
HP Recommended
i also have same problem but i just turned off my laptop by pressing and holding the power button while windows was not opening....and when i turned it on again it does not open still...so can anybody help me please
HP Recommended
hello guys ;yesterdaty i turned off my hp laptop by pressing and holding the power button becouse of taking so longer than useuall in opening...so after that when i turned it on back..it wont open and also no flashing any keyboard or power lights...so i am confused that what problem occured..? it was just 14 mpnths old laptop...and the condition is very clean and clear on looking... i think hp pavilon g6-2260sx is the most useless strashless and also weakest laptop by hardware wise.. please anyone help- me please...
HP Recommended

The power LED does stay on and yes the caps lock LED keeps blinking.

Please help.

HP Recommended
I have a hp pavilion g6 and first the keyboard stopped responding and now it won't turn on at all
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.