Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
[Personal Information Removed]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey there

so I have this "HP 241 G1 Notebook" for quite a years, worked all those years and i quite changed it a lot since then.

I m a average tech person so i upgrade its OS quite often.

but from a month or so its touch pad stopped working. i searched a lot for solution but didn't find one.

(my other external mouse works perfectly)

But on one forum they suggested that upgrading/restoring a bios helped one person with same problem, so i wanted to try that out, and i know it can be hardware problem but i wanna do all i can by software wise.

But the problem is that i changed its partitions quite a few times so there are no original partitions like HP tools etc.

and i don't even know that my laptop came with these partitions or not by default,

I changed the disk to MBR for linux installations but i saw bios upgrade video and they were all for UEFI so 

i changed back my disk to GTP, but there is no graphical bios interface so how can i get that?

i want to know that can i restore or upgrade my bios?  i can share screenshots if needed plz help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

why no reply? is this a wrong section for my problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.