Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi, I had this same problem and here are a list of solutions from different forums as well as the solution from hp support that fixed it.

Laptop Model: 4FJ31AV

1. Reset/update drivers for thunderbolt and usb.

2. Do UEFI Hardware test. Access via pressing f2 key repeatedly during startup.

3. Reset the embedded hardware controller. Steps: Shutdown computer. Press and hold power button for 5 or more seconds. Start normally.

4. Solution that fixed my specific problem: Draining the motherboard power completely. Steps: Shutdown computer. Press and hold the power button and f6 key for 20 seconds. Wait 5 seconds. Start computer.
This Fixed my issue.

HP Recommended

Might need to turn off power saving for the hub in Device Manager.  Right click, go to Power Settings, uncheck the power saving option.

HP Recommended

I have been having the same problem every couple weeks with my HP Spectre x360 15", the corner USB-C port would stop working.  Shutting down and holding down the power button for 30 seconds is the simplest solution for resolving my issue and I have also gone back in to device manager and unchecked "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option for ALL USB hubs and controllers this time around so hopefully I will not have to deal with this problem anymore.

HP Recommended

My  HP ENVY 13-aq0011ms Laptop has the same problem. It wasn't recognizing the USB-C connection to my phone neither PD charging through USB-C wasn't working though. I used your solution turning off the laptop and hold the power button for 30 seconds and then turning the laptop again worked my USB-C data tranfere and I could able to charge my laptop through PD USBC-C port. still didn't really know how that trick got it worked? 🤔

As the other person suggested, I opened up my device manager and went to USB serial controllers went in to each one and properties >powermangement>unchecked the "allow the computer to turn of this device to save power"

Capture.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.